The best sales presentations are always controlled by the SALESPERSON not the prospect – and an effectively delivered sales presentation is controlled with QUESTIONS.
The right questions, properly asked, and at the right time, “guide” your prospect to the CLOSE. While it sounds very manipulative, it really isn’t. As long as you are sincerely trying to help your customer make the best decision. Remember, you’re not trying to sell the bride, you’re trying to help the bride make the best buying decision.
If you want to close more business and book more weddings, ask more QUESTIONS in your sales presentation.
By asking the right questions you can learn more about what your prospect is looking for, what their emotional “hot buttons” are, and tell them more about what you do and why other couples hire you.
If you don’t use these questions already, these open ended “conversation starting” questions get the the sales presentation moving and moving in the right direction.
Optimizing and fine-tuning your sales presentations is an never-ending process. Taking the time to do it will ultimately help you BOOK MORE WEDDINGS.
- How’s your wedding planning going?
- How did you two meet?
- How did you hear about us?
- Do you mind me asking, <then ask question>?
- Where are you getting married, have you chosen your wedding venue?
- Why did you choose <name of wedding venue>?
- Have you been to a wedding lately?
- Do you have a wedding theme?
- How many people are on your guest list?
- How many people are in your wedding party?
- How many other <your category of services> have you talked to or interviewed?
- Can you tell me some of the most important things to you about your wedding reception?
- What are the three things that are most important to you in choosing a <your category of services>?
- And what is the price range you are looking to spend for <your category of services>?
- A lot of couples I work with have never hired a <your category of services> before. Would you like me to go over the 4 or 5 most frequently asked questions I get from couples?
- Did you see our online reviews at Wedding Wire, The Knot, and at Yelp!?
- Do you have any questions I didn’t answer for you?
- Is there anything we haven’t talked about that you’d like to ask me?
- Would you like to do some paperwork?
- I’d love to work for you, I know you’ll be really happy and I can help you <1, 2, 3, 4, 5 – list of things most important to them>, should we do some paperwork?