If you use Google Analytics to track and analyze the traffic at your website, and you should be, you can quickly and easily see how much of your traffic is coming from a mobile device.
Google Analytics tracks and differentiates visitor sessions by:
Here’s how you check it.
- Login to your Google Analytics account (http://analytics.google.com)
- In most cases, unless you’ve configured a customized dashboard, your default view is the Audience Overview (A)
- Change the date range depending on what you want to see (B)
- From the left column of options, select the Audience option (C)
- From that drop-down you’ll see an option for Mobile (D)
- Click that option to drill down into 2 options; Overview and Devices
- Click on Overview
- Drill down into Devices for more detail
Here’s what you should see in Google Analytics.